Photo Blog: 10 Reasons to NEVER go on SafariJune 29, 2017
So, you’ve heard Africa is a magical destination? One full of abundant animals and wondrous landscapes? All that might make you consider travelling there. Well, don’t. You’ll hate it.
Here are ten reasons why you should never go on an African safari:
(Disclaimer: to be read with a heavy serving of sarcasm appreciation and a double dose sense of humour.)
1. The views are average at best.
2. There sometimes aren’t any restaurants and you have to dine in the middle of nowhere.
Photo © African Horseback Safaris
3. The accommodation is nothing to write home about. Certainly, no luxury to be found here.
Photo © Tongabezi
4. What’s worse…Sometimes you have to sleep outside!
Photo © Jaci’s Safari Lodge
5. The wildlife is totally overrated.
6. And you can’t even get that close to it.
7. The sunsets are always boring.
8. There are WAY too many wildebeest in the migration.
9. The birdlife is mediocre.
10. If you’re seriously unlucky, you may have to share your camp with a few elephants.
Photo © Mfuwe Lodge
If all that hasn’t put you off visiting Africa, then you’re mad as us and should get in touch with us. We’ll help you plan your perfect safari tailored to your interests, budget and schedule.
Contact Us About A Safari