- Safari Series: Wildlife
- Countries Visited: Tanzania
- From (Based On Two Sharing): $5,334
- Days: 8
Tanzania Highlights – South
A classic safari holiday featuring the highlights of Tanzania’s famous southern circuit – from the meandering rivers of the Selous Game Reserve to the rugged, baobab-studded slopes and seasonal wetlands of Ruaha National Park. This 8-day tour offers some of the best wildlife-viewing and most bio-diverse destinations in all of East Africa, including the chance to see African wild dogs in their natural habitat. The Selous and Ruaha are both home to some of the most important remaining populations of this endangered 'painted dog' – and you will have plenty of opportunities to spot them in both locations.
- Explore the rocky hills of Ruaha with their impressive count of baobab trees – has there ever been a scene more evocative of Africa?
- Enjoy game drives in open-sided vehicles in search of African wild dog – packs of six to 20 animals roam the Selous and areas of Ruaha looking for prey – you may get lucky and witness a hunt
- Mess about on the river, the Rufiji to be precise, with an afternoon out on the boats watching wildlife or enjoying a fishing trip in Africa’s largest game reserve!
- Take a trip to Stiegler’s Gorge, an hour downriver from Sand Rivers Selous, where the cacophony of hyrax screams and hippo grunts reverberate around the rocky, forest-clad walls
|High||01 Jul - 31 Oct 2016||$5,573||Enquire now|
|Low||01 Nov – 21 Dec 2016||$4,479||Enquire now|
|High||22 Dec – 31 Dec 2016||$5,573||Enquire now|
|High||01 Jan - 04 Jan 2017||$6,586||Enquire now|
|Low||05 Jan - 15 Mar 2017||$5,334||Enquire now|
|Low||01 Jun - 30 Jun 2017||$5,334||Enquire now|
|High||01 Jul - 31 Oct 2017||$6,586||Enquire now|
|Low||01 Nov – 21 Dec 2017||$5,334||Enquire now|
|High||22 Dec – 31 Dec 2017||$6,586||Enquire now|