Honeymoon Safaris in AfricaJune 26, 2018
According to Travel and Leisure, the newlywed royal couple, Harry and Meghan chose Namibia as their honeymoon destination…and we can certainly understand why! Like many other magical destinations in Africa, Namibia is wildly romantic and the ideal place for a honeymoon safari.
Offering pristine wilderness and some wildly romantic safari lodges and activities, Africa is one of the best honeymoon destinations in the world. Fit for a king, one might say. Without even needing to try too hard, Africa delivers spades in the romance department. From remote tropical beaches to rugged wilderness and cosy countryside, there’s no limit to what can be experienced in this wild and wonderful land.
Here are two ideas for honeymoon safaris in Africa:
Tanzania Selous And Pemba Safari:
Our 10-day Tanzania Selous And Pemba Safari is an excellent beach and bush safari combination. The experience begins in the majestic Selous Game Reserve based on the banks of the Rufiji River and then takes you to the white sandy beaches of Pemba Island, which boasts some of the best diving in the world.
Both areas are beautiful and remote, and the luxurious hideaways of Sand Rivers Selous and Fundu Lagoon make for an off-the-beaten-track safari that you will remember for many years to come.
• Be guided by an expert through Selous Game Reserve and experience iconic African wildlife in its natural habitat.
• Travel by speedboat to Pemba Island and enjoy stunning diving and snorkelling in the coral reefs of the Indian Ocean.
• Enjoy dinner on the beach under the stars at the privately owned Fundu Lagoon.
Another classic bush and beach safari combo, our 12-day Kenya Honeymoon safari allows you to explore the wildlife in Loisaba Conservancy and the Maasai Mara, followed by some well-earned relaxation on the beautiful Diani Beach. Renowned as one of Africa’s greatest wildlife reserves, the Maasai Mara National Reserve will give you a rich wildlife experience in Kenya. After the African wildlife experiences, spend time on stunning beaches either relaxing or venturing out for water activities.
This honeymoon will give you and your loved one the chance to spend quality time together in intimate camps and resorts.
• Enjoy game viewing activities in the Loisaba Conservancy and Maasai Mara National Reserve, with great wildlife viewing all year-round, and large herds of wildebeest and zebra during migration season.
• Stay at two of Kenya’s top camps; Loisaba Tented Camp and the fabulously romantic Cottar’s 1920′s Camp.
• Learn a new water sport or activity while staying at Afrochic Diani, your final safari destination.
With our experience, planning the perfect honeymoon is with us is a stress-free and exciting process. Our connections and knowledge of the properties we use around Africa, allows us to organise special little extras for you and your partner to enjoy. Think private meals, room upgrades, unique excursions and many other little romantic touches. Get in touch with us to start planning for honeymoon safari in Africa today!
Contact Us About A Safari