Photo Blog: 5 Breathtaking LandscapesJanuary 13, 2017
From bone dry deserts, to lush tropical forests, to temperate grasslands; Africa boasts almost every type of landscape imaginable.
Of course, there are landscapes which are iconic to Africa; such as Victoria Falls or Dune 45 in the Namib Desert. While there is no denying that these attractions are spectacular, it seems unfair to focus only on them when Africa has so much more to offer. Having travelled throughout most of Africa, Journeys Discovering Africa CEO, Patrick Shah, has been fortunate enough to photograph many magnificent landscapes. Iconic setting or not, his photos always capture the essence of the land and never fail to leave the rest of us feeling rather awe-inspired.
Here are 5 of our favourite of his landscape photos :
1. Sunset over the Okavango Delta (Botswana)
2. Murchison Falls in all its glory (Uganda)
3. Dusk in the Masai Mara during the Wildebeest Migration (Kenya)
4. A kopje sticks out like a castle above the clouds in Karamoja (Uganda)
5. Magnificent view of Lake Bunyonyi and one of its many tiny islands (Uganda)
For an opportunity to witness these spectacular settings, visit our website and get in touch for a custom-built itinerary trip.
Contact Us About A Safari