- Safari Series: Gorillas
- Countries Visited: Rwanda
- From (per person): $6,525
- Days: 7
Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
On our active 7-day Rwanda Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking Safari, visit the remote and little-known Nyungwe Forest in southern Rwanda. The park is one of Africa’s hidden gems, with many rare plant, bird and primate species, including chimpanzees and some of the largest troops of colobus monkey seen in Africa. here, also are many rarely-seen smaller primates endemic to this part of the Albertine Rift Valley of Africa.
Then, we move on to the Volcanoes National Park in northern Rwanda to track mountain gorillas and golden monkeys in their misty mountain refuge. Both of these primates are endangered and you will be one of the few lucky people who get to visit them every year.
On request, and at extra cost, accommodation on this tour can be upgraded from Five Volcanoes Hotel to Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge, Volcanoes Virungas Lodge, Bisate Lodge or Singita Kwitonda Lodge
- Stay in the five star One & Only Nyungwe House for luxury overlooking one of the most biodiverse forests in all of Africa
- Visit East Africa’s only canopy walk in Nyungwe Forest for an exhilarating view of the treetops
- This tour is filled with primate opportunities: track chimpanzees in Cyamudongo Forest; spot colobus monkeys in Nyungwe; visit the golden monkeys in the Virungas; and trek the mountain gorillas of Volcanoes National Park