- Safari Series: Wildlife
- Countries Visited: Botswana
- From (per person): $6,495
- Days: 10
Botswana: Kwando Safaris
Our action-packed 10-day Kwando Safaris tour begins with two nights at Victoria Falls, and continues to the Kwando Concession in Linyanti and the Kwara Concession in the Okavango Delta, among the best wildlife viewing areas in the country. The ethos of Kwando is conservation and quality of guiding. Their camps exist as tools to explore and enjoy the pristine African bush, and this tour has been created to allow you to enjoy a little bit of that magic.
On the trip, you will stay at the renowned Lagoon Camp, Lebala Camp and Kwara Camp, all of which are comfortable, elegant properties that pay homage to the incredible wilderness that surrounds them. Here, you will enjoy day and night game drives and boat and mokoro cruises in the company of the most personable, knowledgeable and experienced guides and trackers in Botswana.
Due to the diverse habitats, the wildlife on offer is truly breathtaking. In the air, on the ground and in the water, the number and variety of wildlife species, and their interactions with one another will be your lingering memory.
And the best part? These enormous private concessions are exclusive. On many of the sightings, yours will be the only vehicle there, and you are guaranteed not to have more than two vehicles on any particular sighting. This sort of luxury costs a lot more in the rest of Botswana, which is why, for what you get, this is a very good value tour.
This safari can be tailored by adding more nights at Victoria Falls, or any featured Kwando Camp, or by adding on Kwando's Nxai Pan or Tau Pan camps, or any of these combinations.
- Visit the largest waterfall in Africa, the Victoria Falls
- Spend four nights with the prolific wildlife of the 232,000 hectare Kwando Concession, which includes the Kwando river, the Linyanti swamps and huge areas of savannah and woodland
- Experience the predators and prey of the 175,000 hectare Kwara Concession, on the northern edge of the Okavango Delta, which again, offers a delicious diversity of landscapes.