- Safari Series: Wildlife
- Countries Visited: Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda
- From (Based On Two Sharing): $8,691
- Days: 10
Africa: Migration and Gorillas
Our 10-day Great Migration and Mountain Gorilla Safari takes you from the plains of the Serengeti in Tanzania, home to the annual great migration of two million wildebeest, to the mist-wreathed kingdom of the mountain gorilla in just ten days. By combining two of the top wildlife encounters in Africa, in some of the most pristine wilderness destinations, this incredible tour is sure to create a lifetime’s worth of memories.
In Tanzania, we will spend our time in the northern Serengeti, enjoying the romance of a classic semi-mobile wilderness camp, which moves several times a year as it moves with the herds. From here, after days spent following the migration, we will fly to Uganda and transfer to our lodges in the shadow of the forest-clad slopes of the Virungas. Here it is not herds of wildebeest we seek but groups of mountain gorillas, as we hike through pristine rainforest for our encounter with these gentle giants.
- Move with the herds across the plains of the Serengeti, with some columns of wildebeest over a mile long
- Feel as though you have stepped back in time to a golden age of safari, at your semi-nomadic tented camp - with traditional bucket showers to wash off the dust of the savannah and gin and tonics round the campfire every night
- Fly from the Serengeti to the mountain kingdom of the gorilla in a single day - an epic journey across the heart of Africa
- Get up close to the critically endangered mountain gorillas of Uganda for an unforgettable primate encounter – with not one but two days of gorilla tracking included