- Safari Series: Wildlife
- Countries Visited: Tanzania
- From (per person): $6,788
- Days: 9
I had a fantastic experience and was very happy with the service I received from Florence, Robert and the hotel staff. Thanks very much for a great trip!
Loved Rwanda, and looking forward to coming back. Everything was very easy and we deeply appreciated that all was gathered in a 'one time shop'.
The tour info packages provided are not only beautiful & unique but very handy with extremely helpful & thoroughly informative. Love this!! James is an ...
Tanzania: Katavi And Mahale Safari
Our 9-day Katavi And Mahale Safari of western Tanzania allows you to experience a variety of unspoilt habitats - from the untamed wilderness of Katavi to the remote lakeside forest of Mahale you will take in all manner of wildlife and activities. Trekking in the home of one of the largest remaining chimpanzee communities in the world will prove to be one of the highlights of this safari. Transfers are by air, road and boat.
- Enjoy an authentic safari experience as animals amble into camp at the remote Chada Katavi
- Take trips into Katavi National Park to look for elephant, hippo, crocodile, zebra and more
- Arrive at Greystoke Mahale by boat (this accommodation is so remote there are no roads leading there) and spend candlelit nights in Mahale looking out over Lake Tanganyika into the Congo beyond
- Trek into the mountain forest of Mahale to find chimpanzee families while staying at Greystoke near the western border of Tanzania