- Safari Series: Wildlife
- Countries Visited: Tanzania
- From (per person): $6,788
- Days: 9
It was a fantastic trip and your local guides were excellent! The lodges were comfortable, food was good, the people we met were wonderful...the employees very ...
Thanks to Journeys Discovering Africa for making our Uganda visit so special. Everything was exceptional and exceeded our expectations. We look forward to a ret...
Excellent trip - would visit again!
Tanzania: Katavi And Mahale Safari
Our 9-day Katavi And Mahale Safari of western Tanzania allows you to experience a variety of unspoilt habitats - from the untamed wilderness of Katavi to the remote lakeside forest of Mahale you will take in all manner of wildlife and activities. Trekking in the home of one of the largest remaining chimpanzee communities in the world will prove to be one of the highlights of this safari. Transfers are by air, road and boat.
- Enjoy an authentic safari experience as animals amble into camp at the remote Chada Katavi
- Take trips into Katavi National Park to look for elephant, hippo, crocodile, zebra and more
- Arrive at Greystoke Mahale by boat (this accommodation is so remote there are no roads leading there) and spend candlelit nights in Mahale looking out over Lake Tanganyika into the Congo beyond
- Trek into the mountain forest of Mahale to find chimpanzee families while staying at Greystoke near the western border of Tanzania