- Safari Series: Wildlife
- Countries Visited: Tanzania
- From (Based On Two Sharing): $6,788
- Days: 9
Elias was a pleasure to work with - we would certainly recommend him to others and overall, I would recommend JDA to others. Gorilla Forest Camp was fantastic;...
I returned safely today and wanted to thank you for the nice birthday gift and wonderful journey through Rwanda and Uganda. I have traveled the globe widely and...
James, our guide, was excellent. He became a friend. Everything was outstanding.
Tanzania: Katavi And Mahale Safari
Our 9-day Katavi And Mahale Safari of western Tanzania allows you to experience a variety of unspoilt habitats - from the untamed wilderness of Katavi to the remote lakeside forest of Mahale you will take in all manner of wildlife and activities. Trekking in the home of one of the largest remaining chimpanzee communities in the world will prove to be one of the highlights of this safari. Transfers are by air, road and boat.
- Enjoy an authentic safari experience as animals amble into camp at the remote Chada Katavi
- Take trips into Katavi National Park to look for elephant, hippo, crocodile, zebra and more
- Arrive at Greystoke Mahale by boat (this accommodation is so remote there are no roads leading there) and spend candlelit nights in Mahale looking out over Lake Tanganyika into the Congo beyond
- Trek into the mountain forest of Mahale to find chimpanzee families while staying at Greystoke near the western border of Tanzania